Friday, April 11, 2014

..because Disney said so



I have just watched Frozen yesterday. Boyfriend suggested me to watch it, he said it's a great movie. So, yeah I watched it.
A lot of talking about that movie, the positive ones, of course, but I kind of ignore it. I'm like, "oh come on, it's just a movie."

So, Frozen is a Disney movie. That one with the princess-y thing, castle, happy ending, blablabla, you know, all those Disney stuff.

You don't argue for Disney movies' popularity. Super popular. Kids, teenage, or even adult love watching it. People from poor country, rich country, everybody watch and love Disney movie. I am nearly on my middle of 20's and I'm still watching Disney movies. 

This viewers phenomena brought me to an idea. The Disney generation. My generation, or maybe the generation before and after me, have watched Disney for years, for ages. Disney has been existed from generations to generations.

 If you take a look at some Disney movies, there is a kind similarity to each other. In Disney movies, true love is always the answer and the solution of everything. In Frozen, the act of true love can thaw the frozen heart of Princess Anna. In Snow White, the kiss of the prince can wake the princess up, also in Sleeping Beauty. In Cinderella, true love makes the prince goes all over the kingdom to find the perfect match of the shoe. It's all about love, love, love, and love.

Logically speaking, in Cinderella, anyone can have the same shoe-size with Cinderella. 

Now, if Disney has been making those kind of movies since the World War ends until now, imagine how many viewers has been influenced with those kind of lovey-dovey things. How many people unconsciously inspired to find true love to solve their problem? It's like true love, or let's say just "love", is the absolute answer. The most ultimate thing to have a happy life.

Now wonder if we can see that kids, or teenagers, nowadays seems like very desperate in finding love. They are sooo into lovey-dovey things eventhough they are just too young to even care about it. Why? because Disney said so.

I'm not blaming Disney for it, I tend to see it as a motivation to live your life. You don't easily escape from love in your life. They are all around.

Some may hate Disney movie because it's too sugar coated, or because it's too unreal, or blablabla, but I don't see it as a bad thing. Life's never been that sweet, well at least not that often. Disney movies came as an escape. Real life are bitter enough, we deserve a sweetener. The artificial one. And I call the Disney movie for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment